Risk Analysis For A Sport Facility
Facility management at the Arena University is meant to ensure that the facility is maintained as per the expectations of the school. The facility should in no way pose any danger to the students or the faculty members. In order for this to be ensured certain conditions have to be put in place after proper and clear analysis (Vose, 2008). At the same time, cost-effectiveness is a major function of the management team. This is because the arena will require constant maintenance and repair; in this case, preventive measures are taken to ensure minimal cost goes into this. Safety is also another expense to be expected from the arena.
Overview of Facility Operation
The Arena University is an oval-shaped enclosed area that is used to showcase theatre and sports events. It has a sitting capacity of 65,000 people at once: it is designed in a way that the arena itself is at the lowest point; this is meant to allow for maximum view by all.
The arena is intended to offer a venue for performances like theatre, musical performances and indoor sports like basketball, ice hockey, and other sports. Presentations and lecturers by major and renowned people can be done in the arena. This is because of the number of people that it can be able to hold at one point and also because of the ability of all the people to get a clear view of the activity at the center of the arena.
Since the arena is to be used for indoor sports, it should be properly demarcated with the necessary measurements for the sports to be played. It will be utilized by both high schools and higher education institutions like colleges and universities. The arena will be not only a place to showcase the best talent in Charles Town, in the extra-curricular activities but also a place where interaction will occur and hopefully improvement in the talent.
The participants in the games will be given a chance to do some exercise and rehearsal on the arena floor to ensure familiarity. The participants will be awarded a single day for rehearsal. The personnel required for the arena will include the maintenance team,
Some of the clients to be expected in the arena are team players and performers who are talented. It can be used to host celebrities. This means that the arena will increase the revenue earned in Charles Town, in this case, it will increase participation in the different events in the town.
Personnel Used for Risk Management
In order to effectively manage any potential risks associated with the arena, the following people will be required. An architect to ensure the building is in proper condition, an economist to deal with all the costs and revenues. An electrician who will ensure all the electrical malfunctions are properly taken care of and a maintenance team to ensure all repairs are done as soon as noted.
A risk matrix will be used to determine the extent to which a risk is likely to cause harm. The answer is the product of two categories of the risks: risk probability category and risk severity category. It increases the level at which the implication of the risk will be experienced and aids in decision making by the top management
Below are photos outlining the initial construction stages of the arena and then the finished inside look at the arena.
- Specific Risks
- A fire breaks out that can lead to partial or complete burn down of the arena.
- A stampede during an event where there is a large crowd of people.
- Loss of funds by organizing events that end up not attracting people
- Poorly installed seats that can lead to injury of people watching a performance.
- Robbery of the arena of its high tech digitalized equipment.
- Food poisoning of the people from the food and beverages offered at the arena.
- Suffocation of people in the arena resulting in health problems and death due to poor ventilation of the arena.
- Bankruptcy before the loan required to rehabilitate the arena has been fully repaid
- Major and minor Injury of people from the occasional fights and disagreements that occur in the arena. Death of some of the people is also another risk as it will give the arena a negative PR.
- Breaking of the arena equipment
- Classification of Risks
There are two classifications of risks analysis:
- Risk severity – it can be categorized as follows;
- Catastrophic- a number of deaths are likely to occur. Destruction of the entire arena either by it following down and collapsing. Bankruptcy and repossession by the bank.
- Critical- one death and a number of people are severely injured, the stadium gets partially destroyed. Repossession of equipment by banks.
- Marginal- several minor and small injuries and one person severely injured, arena equipment gets destroyed.
- Negligible- one person has a minor injury, a minor injury to several arena equipment and appliances. No liquidity loss.
- Risk probability can be categorized as certain, possible, unlikely, rare, likely.
A risk matrix would look as follows.
When the risk is assigned to another party, it is said to be transferred. This is because the party will be held responsible or accountable for the risk. Some of the risks will be transferred to the insurance company and contractor companies. The critical risks will be transferred to insurance companies because they have a moderate possible chance of occurring (Culp, 2011). In order to avoid any financial losses, the arena will be insured against fire and any other damages. The minor issues like chairs being broken and other appliances will be transferred to the contractors. They should ensure that the arena is always at its best condition.
Some waivers will be made for instance
- The beverage and food section will be waved to contractors to find a good catering company.
- In order for an occasion to be held at the stadium, the sponsors will be expected to pay some amount of money; the charges for entry will be waived to them. They will determine how much they want to charge.
Risk Reduction Procedures
Risk reduction procedures are not aimed at getting rid of the risk completely as at times that may prove to be a fruitless endeavor (Molack, 1997). The procedures are aimed at reducing the chances of the risks occurring and the extent to which they cause harm.
- Personnel Management
- Proper employee training on how to effectively deliver their duties appropriately and effectively. This will be done by constant training employees to improve their performance and to ensure the transfer of training. An in-service education plan should be established and clearly outlined how it will blend in daily activities (Aven, 2008).
- Employees should be hired based on technical qualifications and experience for a while working in arenas. This will minimize supervision and mistakes.
- A supervisory plan should be established that will be done an occasionally constant evaluation of the employees to ensure an increase in output per worker. To also ensure small errors that can result in serious losses are avoided.
Sexual harassment policy
Implementation of the sexual harassment policy will be ensured by a clear definition of what is termed as sexual harassment in the arena.
Sexual harassment is any type of unwelcome and uncalled for sexual attention that will offend, anger, humiliate or intimidate a person and can be from one gender to another or within the same gender (Marshall, 2005). It includes physical contact, staring at parts of their body; talking unwelcomed sexual conversations, and jokes.
Sexual Harassment can include the following: but is not limited to,
- Verbal: this can be in the form of conversations on sexual matters.
- Non-Verbal/Visual: derogatory posters and pictures. Sending of sexual texts, emails, and messages to other colleagues (Marshall, 2005).
- Physical: physical contact is not allowed between employees. For the same reason, sexual and romantic relationships are highly discouraged at work.
A person is allowed to report any form of sexual harassment as there are proper actions that will be taken after proper investigation. The following options are open to the victim to make
- Make an internal complaint about the issue.
- Make an external complaint by filing a case against the person.
- Choose to have the issue solved amicably and counseling to be offered.
Facility Emergency Procedures
The following are procedures to be followed to ensure safety:
– The arena will comply with all the set statutory rules and regulations pertaining to the upkeep and maintenance of an arena (Sherriff, 2011).
– Health and safety regulations will be established. For instance, employees will be made aware of sharp objects, spills on the floor and the recommended procedures of dealing with electrical appliances.
– Develop internal health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
– Ensure all line managers understand and take responsibility for the health and safety process in each program area.
– Provide information, instruction, training, and supervision to ensure that staff is aware of safe work practices, emergency procedures and any risks to health and safety in their work environment (Sherriff, 2011).
– There will be fire distinguishers and powder in all corners to be used. An emergency exit will be established and clearly labeled. There will a press button that is to be pressed only when there is a danger or a fire, this creates awareness and people will be expected to exit the place.
Crowd Management Plan
Since the arena is likely to attract large numbers of people, especially when it fills to full capacity, there is a need to establish a crowd management plan.
- There will be a security department that will deal with ensuring the safety of the people.
- Proper signs will be put in place to state the entry and exit points of the arena.
- Emergency exits will be made known to all the people in case there is a fire or a breakout.
- Employees should be properly trained for crowd management.
- All areas that are not to be accessed by other people except employees should be clearly indicated to ensure that some of the people do not go into areas they are not allowed to (Meacham, 2007).
- Proper demarcations should be made as to where the fans and the performers can cross and where they are not allowed to cross (Meacham, 2007).
- Finally, the arena should be well ventilated to avoid suffocation when there are large crowds of people. This means the air conditioners should be put in place and must operate effectively (Meacham, 2007).
Compliance to ADA
Compliance with ADA means that the arena should be constructed in a way that it is friendly to Americans with Disabilities. In order to comply with the act, the arena must be constructed in a way that even the people using wheelchairs can enter without a struggle.
An ADA kit is also a must, this is meant to ensure that the deaf and the blind are catered for. In this case, the arena should have interpreters who will narrate what is going on throughout performances or games (Blank, 2000). ADA also dictates that an enterprise should not discriminate against employees due to disabilities or impairments. In this case, the arena should have a particular set percentage of its employees with a disability (Blank, 2000).
By employing workers with a disability, the arena can be able to easily suite the arena for people with disabilities as they will be able to tell what works and what does not work.
Risk management does not mean just ensuring that there are preventive methods for an accident, but it also means constant improvements to ensure that even the slightest harm is prevented (Aven, 2008). Physical and financial risks are the ones that are usually analyzed and prevented most of the time; however, lack of proper evaluation of the other non-financial risks can lead to financial losses as well. This is the premise of sexual harassment policy, health and safety policy and compliance to ADA.
Sexual harassment ensures that psychologically, employees do not feel discriminated and they can be able to achieve their best. The sexual harassment policy also avoids financial losses from lawsuits by former employees. Confidence while at work paves room for innovation: this is what the health and safety policy does. When employees have their health-insured as they are undertaking their duties, they will be more competent. ADA ensures equal treatment of employees regardless of their physical impairments and disabilities.
Risk management ensures that all the areas that the arena can face losses or pose as a danger towards other people are covered and in this case all the risks are determined and their probability of occurrence (Molack, 1997). This ensures that those that have a higher chance of occurring are insured so that there can be repayments after they have occurred. Those less likely to occur can be delegated and transfer the risks. This ensures there is responsibility and when the risk occurs the responsible team is held accountable.
Aven, T. (2008). Risk Analysis: Assessing Uncertainties Beyond the Expected, Springer Publishers
Blank, P. D. (2000). Employment, Disability and the American with Disability Act, Government Print Press, Washington D. C
Culp, L. C. (2011). Risk Transfer; Derivatives in Theory and Practice, Orthodox Publishers
Marshall, A. M. (2005). Confronting Sexual Harassment: the Interaction of Law and Politics at Work, Macmillan Publishers
Meacham, B. Tubbs, J. (2007). Crowd Management: Safety and Safety management Training, Oxford University Press, New York
Molack, V. (1997). Fundamentals of Risk Analysis and Risk Management, Columbia Publishers
Sherriff, N. B. Tooma, M. (2011). Understanding the Model Work Health and Safety Act, Random House Publishers
Vose, D. (2008). Risk Analysis: A Qualitative Guide, Cambridge University Press, London
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!