In terms of output and growth, Canada’s real GDP was 2.96% higher than it was a year ago, but the growth trend is slowing down from a growth rate high of 3.81% in Q3 2010. Japan’s economy has contracted in Q2 2011 by 0.76%. It’s rate has been volatile, growing rapidly over the past year only to contract again. The UK’s growth rate is 1.63%, and that country has had fairly stable, if sluggish, real GDP growth. The current GDP growth rate in the United States is 2.33%. Real GDP growth is on a downward trend in the U.S. But has maintained healthy levels since Q4 2009.
All four countries were affected by the recession. Each experienced real GDP declines during the 2008-2009 period. Japan was the hardest hit. Yet each nation recovered in 2010, only to see the rate of economic growth slow again in 2011.
Canada showed weakness during the recession years of 2008 and 2009 with respect to output per worker. The productivity rate has improved since the beginning of 2010 but in this calendar year has begun to decline again, in step with the country’s GDP growth declines. Japan’s labor productivity (output per worker) has been as volatile as its GDP growth. The country suffered a very steep decline in productivity during the 2008-2009 period, but had very high productivity growth in 2010. The pace of productivity growth has slowed significantly in 2011 in Japan. In the United Kingdom, output per worker dropped sharply in 2009 only to rebound in 2010. It is currently declining again. In the United States, output per worker declined in 2008-2009, albeit less than in the UK and Japan. Productivity increased in 2010 but the rate of productivity growth has slowed in 2011.
Labour productivity slumped during the recession in all four countries. As was the case with real GDP growth, productivity dropped the most in Japan. That country’s alarming decline in productivity was in part offset by improvements in productivity in 2010. Each country, however, saw improvement in 2010 only to see the rate of productivity improvement decline in 2011.
3. Canada has not reported in 2011 Q2 CPI figure yet, but the country has seen an escalation in inflation over the course of the past four quarters. From flatlining inflation in 2009 Q2 and deflation in 2009 Q3, Canada’s inflation rate is back around the Bank of Canada’s target range (BoC, 2011). Japan has suffered from deflation since the outset of the economic crisis. The current CPI growth rate of 0% and last quarter’s rate of 0.1% are improvements over the deflation that has occurred in the years previous, although these rates are very low. In the United Kingdom, the CPI growth rate is high at 4.11%. It has been over 3% since Q1 2010. This rate is likely more inflationary than Britain would prefer. CPI growth in the U.S. is 3.33%, and this represents an increase over the relatively low rates recorded since the country exited deflation in Q4 2009. The Fed measures its upper limit on the target inflation range based on core CPI, not headline, but even that has exceeded the Fed’s upper target limit (Tella, 2011).
Three of these four countries struggle with inflation issues. Japan is having trouble getting any inflationary traction, while the U.S. And UK have seen larger than expected spikes in the headline CPI rates. Only Canada has been able to maintain a stable inflation rate in its central bank’s target range over the course of the study period.
4. Since unemployment in Canada rose to 8.5% in Q3 2008, it has been falling and now sits at 7.77%. In Japan, the unemployment rate has remained relatively low and today’s rate of 4.7% is the lowest since Q1 2009. The United Kingdom’s unemployment rate has been relatively stable over the study period but remains persistently high at 7.67%. The unemployment rate in the United States rose rapidly with the recession, from 5.3% to 9.97%, a much larger change than the other three countries experienced. The rate has not fallen much and still sits at 8.9%. The unemployment figures illustrate that despite Japan’s volatility in some areas, employment is fairly stable. The UK and Canada did not suffer from the recession nearly as much as the U.S. did, at least as far as jobs are concerned.
5. The country that is the strongest at this time is Canada. There are a number of reasons for that assessment. The country had, in general, the least amount of volatility over the course of the recession and (quasi) recovery. The recession had an impact, but that impact was muted in comparison to the massive job losses in the United States. The performance of the UK was reasonable, but the country now faces inflationary pressures. Canada has declining unemployment and no inflation pressure. The United States is dogged by persistent unemployment and minor inflationary risk. The quantitative evidence shows that Japan is in the worse position of the three. Japan faced high volatility in its economy during the recession and the country continues to experience a lack of real GDP growth and the risk of deflation. Qualitatively, Canada also has the strongest banking system of these countries, with no bailouts having been required. Canada’s resource-based economy is also better positioned to benefit from the strong economic growth in Asia, compared with the reliance on consumer consumption by the other three countries.
6. According to the yield curve chart provided by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the current yield curve is slightly distorted from the norm (Investopedia, 2011; Treasury, 2011). The normal relationship is that as the maturity increases, the yield will increase as well. The normal distribution holds that the long maturities will see a flattening of the yield curve at the long end (30 years). In the current yield curve, this flattening does not occur. The rates continue to increase with the term and while the rate of increase slows slightly at the end, the flattening does not materialize.
Estrella and Trubin (2006) point out that the slope of the yield curve is often viewed as a predictor of future economic activity. A common predictor of recessions is yield curve inversion, where short-term rates rise above long-term rates. This is not the case with the current yield curve. The flattening of the yield curve is attributed to expectations of a short-term rise in interest rates, typically induced by monetary policy. The lack of flattening in the current yield curve indicates that there is no investor expectation of a rate increase in the foreseeable future. Inflation might be creeping upwards, but an increase in rates appears to be out of the cards on the basis of sluggish GDP growth and persistent high unemployment.
BoC. (2011). Inflation control target. Bank of Canada. Retrieved October 20, 2011 from http://www.bankofcanada.ca/monetary-policy-introduction/framework/inflation-control-target/
Estrella, A. & Trubin, M. (2006). The yield curve as a leading indicator: Some practical issues. Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Retrieved October 20, 2011 from http://www.newyorkfed.org/research/current_issues/ci12-5/ci12-5.html
Investopedia. (2011). Yield curve. Investopedia. Retrieved October 20, 2011 from http://www.investopedia.com/terms/y/yieldcurve.asp#axzz1VCSWJAY8
St. Louis Fed. (2011). International economic trends: August 2011. Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Retrieved October 20, 2011 from http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/iet/
Tella, A. (2011). We’ve overshot the Fed’s upper inflation limit. Real Clear Markets. Retrieved October 20, 2011 from http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2011/09/19/weve_overshot_the_feds_upper_inflation_limit_99263.html
US Treasury. (2011). Resource center: Treasury curve yield. U.S. Department of the Treasury. Retrieved October 20, 2011 from http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/interest-rates/Pages/Historic-Yield-Data-Visualization.aspx
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!